Controlled Contamination Services (CCS) is committed to sustainability and good environmental stewardship and committed to utilizing environmentally friendly chemicals, processes and equipment that aid in protecting the environment and the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we operate. Since 1998, CCS has developed and implemented complete janitorial programs that maximize cleaning performance, while limiting the impacts to human health and the environment – green cleaning.
Our products and procedures have been rigorously evaluated and meet exacting practices and guidelines of Green SealTM, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as governed by the U.S. Green Building Council. A well-designed green cleaning program can help reduce these harmful exposures and yield many other positive benefits for employees, customers, and the environment. An integral part of our cleaning programs is the use of environmentally preferable cleaning products and equipment. Our program is Green Seal compliant and is a reliable cleaning method that does not negatively impact the environment and can assist your building or facilities down the path toward LEED certification.
The green products used not only reduce the risk to people and the environment, but also reduces the life cycle and environmental impacts associated with their manufacture and ultimate disposal leading to a more sustainable society.
CCS provides a low-impact environmental cleaning policy that addresses:
- Sustainable cleaning systems that reduces impact on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Use of sustainable cleaning products, solutions, tools equipment and appropriate dilution systems
- Proper training of maintenance and cleaning personnel in the use, maintenance and disposal of cleaning chemicals and hazardous waste, including dispensing equipment and recycling solutions.
Benefits of Green Cleaning
- Reduces health effects on building occupants: such as allergies, chemical sensitivity, headaches, or nausea
- Reduces environmental impacts of raw material resource use: chemical accumulation in streams, plants and animals; disposal of toxic chemicals
- Reduces costs to employers and building owners: less sick leave, productivity loss, or litigation associated with building occupants’ exposure to multiple chemicals
- Increases building occupant satisfaction through increased sense of well-being, increased productivity, even due to the absence of malodorous chemicals in surroundings
CCS is proud to offer green cleaning as a core component to our cleaning services.