The Janitor role in the company is responsible for the general upkeep, maintenance cleaning of interior buildings/facilities/lobby’s office areas, restrooms and all areas determined by contract or assigned by supervisor.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Include the following key areas and duties, which may be modified or increased as necessary:
• Pick up trash and replace with trash liners
• Vacuum, mop, strip and wax, and sweep all floor areas
• Dust, wall spot, clean all glass, polish, sanitize all areas.
• Wash, clean, wipe down, sponge, rinse, scour and disinfect any assigned work area
• Note and report all areas in need of repair and any hazardous condition requiring correction.
• Adhere to all safety rules and requirements and all policies and procedures
• Report all damage to customer property, suspicious activities and unsafe conditions within their work area to the supervisor.
PRIMARY RESULTS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACHIEVING:
Other more specific results will be assigned and measured.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and personal skills.
• Responsible for any emergency cleaning occurring during shift.
• Ability to work independently at customer job site.
• Ability to identify and resolve areas of conflict or concerns. Report to shift supervisor any items needed to be completed by next shift.
• Notify supervisor of any discrepancies in the overall condition of the environment, ie., leaking faucet, broken pipe, crack in wall or glass, etc.
• Must become familiar with cleaning chemical components and safety requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
This is an entry level job, GED preferred but not required. Previous wok experience preferred.
The Janitor must have and be able to consistently apply the following skills at the levels indicated to produce assigned results.
• Communication Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Initiative Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
A Janitor is required to spend on-the-job time on the following physical activities:
• Use hands to finger, handle or feel
• Reach with hands or arms
The Weight or Force requirement in this position is:
• Up to 40 pounds
A Janitor will be required to work in the following environments:
100% of the Janitor’s time is spent in the cleaning environment.
The typical level of noise for the work environment of this position is:
Moderate Noise and medium traffic