The floor care technician’s role is to perform periodic advanced floor care duties to include stripping, dressing, buffing and waxing of hard floors, carpet extraction and shampooing, and terrazzo maintenance, carpet cleaning, pressure washing, special cleanings and other projects as assigned.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Include the following key areas and duties, which may be modified or increased as necessary:
• Vacuum, clean and extract carpeted floor surfaces.
• Dry and wet mop hard-surface floors.
• Mixes chemicals needed to perform duties.
• Performs periodic routine maintenance of equipment required to perform tasks.
• Insure that all equipment is kept clean, and report any malfunctions or safety hazards to the Supervisor.
• Spray buff hard surface floors. Refinish hard surfaces.
• Performs machine pressure washing and reclaims water.
PRIMARY RESULTS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACHIEVING:
Other more specific results will be assigned and measured.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and personal skills.
• Responsible for any emergency cleaning occurring during shift.
• Ability to work independently at customer job site.
• Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Notify supervisor of any discrepancies in the overall condition of the environment, ie., leaking faucet, broken pipe, crack in wall or glass, etc.
• Must become familiar with cleaning chemical components and safety requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
GED preferred but not required. Six months previous floor care experience (buffing and waxing) is required. Must have a valid Driver’s license and provide an MVR upon hire.
The Floor Care Technician must have and be able to consistently apply the following skills at the levels indicated to produce assigned results.
• Communication Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Initiative Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
A Floor Care Technician is required to spend on-the-job time on the following physical activities:
• Use hands to finger, handle or feel
• Reach with hands or arms
The Weight or Force requirement in this position is:
• Up to 50 pounds
A Floor Care Technician will be required to work in the following environments:
100% of the Floor Care Technician’s time is spent in the building and laboratory environments.
The typical level of noise for the work environment of this position is:
Moderate Noise and medium traffic