The A/R Collections Specialist role is responsible for the collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base, resolving customer billing issues or questions, and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Include the following key areas and duties, which may be modified or increased as necessary:
- Review open accounts and determine strategy for collection efforts
- Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer service efforts.
- Resolve customer billing issues and resolve accounts receivable delinquency
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates, terms, and conditions.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and review them with Accounting Management team to ensure quick and accurate resolution
- Create, evaluate, implement and maintain all applicable collections reports
- Provide timely follow up on payment arrangements
- Provide correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts in a professional and courteous manner and tone.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
PRIMARY RESULTS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACHIEVING.
Other more specific results will be assigned and measured.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Must develop a customer obsessed culture
- Must bring in revenue on a regular basis
- Must use technology to be able to provide real time feedback to CFO
- Must be self disciplined and capable of identifying and completing tasks
- Must analyze customer payment trends and anticipate needs
- Must have ability to organize multiple projects and prioritize work with the support of the Accounting Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience collections experience, preferably in a corporate collections environment.